Friday, November 19, 2010

Paper Clip: NaNoWriMo, Daily Science, and Product of the Day

A lot of people are asking me, "Hey Paper Clip?  You're a writer, so what are you doing for National Novel Writing Month?"  Apparently, that's what November is.  Since when?  That's what I was wondering!  Apparently everyone and their semi-half cousin is sitting down and penning long, tedious sentences of angst and humor.  What was I talking about?  Oh yeah, right, what am I doing.

Good question, audience.  My answer is 'nothing.'
Don't get your panties in a fit, audience.  Yes, I'm casually working on a few short stories.  I'm just not obsessing like everyone I meet over how many words I'm behind, or that Mrs. Jones across the way is ahead of schedule.
On a side note, that really is a good song, isn't it?  Me And Mrs. Jones?

What do you think, Newton?

 "Well, Paper Clip, I say that Mrs. Jones is ahead of way more things than just her NaNoWriMo word count!"

Oh, Newton, what am I going to do with you?

Why NaNoWriMo as an abbreviation?  How the hell are you supposed to pronounce 'NaNoWriMo?'  Would you just say it as 'National Novel Writing Month?'  Wouldn't that defeat the purpose?

TRANSITION!


Go check this story out over at American Chemistry.  It's quite interesting, if you like Chemistry.  Like this:
My hat's off to you if you get this joke.

TRANSITION!

I'm going to start doing a 'Product of the Day' section as well.  These consist mainly of things that, if I didn't penny-pinch so much my palms have become raw, I would buy in a heartbeat.
And now onto the first one!  Newton, drum roll please.


DRUM ROLL!


For the Ghostbusters fan in your life.  Go and grab yours at ThinkGeek.com for $19.99!

I can totally see myself munching on these while star-gazing.  They would offer all of the energy and all-around awesomeness needed to see the darkest nebulae.

So that's it for me.  Paper Clip saying, 
"May all your papers be clipped!"

Up, up and AWAY!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment